Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013: Year-end Review


It's been a while. & that's okay. At this time last year, I was so excited to see 2012 go.  I was filled with anticipation for what was to come,  & as a result of my haste to simply get through the next year, I think I missed out on the process of goal-setting for 2013. I had a few half-hearted ideas scribbled into my journal, and a whole lot of excitement for the future.  I welcomed the new year with hopeful expectation that there was something good to come. 

& this year was good. It was a different kind of good than I expected, but I am now able to look back on it with gratitude.
  In 2013 I:

reached the half-way mark for receiving a doctorate. Whoa. The end is so close,
ran the Music City Half Marathon [in the pouring rain] with some of my closest Nashville friends,
watched my heart continue to heal by the grace of a loving God,
spent a week in Florida nannying some crazy kids, and hanging out with a friend in our own condo,
made the decision for where I would spend my clinical rotations & presented my residency proposal,
wrestled through being sick, &  a few health complications,
Participated in a local CSA,
attended several joyful weddings,
celebrated my favorite, Fort Collins holiday,
took a few road trips,
explored beautiful little towns,
laughed a lot,
cried a lot,
& learned a lot.

Here's to 2014.






1 comment: