Tuesday, September 14, 2010

perfunctoriness.

I'm in a strange place lately. I'm not entirely sure when I became a person so prone to apathy, but I've noticed it a lot in myself through these last three years in college.

It scares me how quickly I can remove myself from something that once really meant a lot to me.

I think it might be a defense mechanism. I'd rather run from something that might be difficult than face it. It might be a control issue. I'd rather let something go that I can't take hold of completely. I'm not sure, but apathetic didn't used to be a word that described me.

I don't think anyone is indifferent by nature. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is when I became this way. What changed?

I need to figure out what I'm passionate about.

No comments:

Post a Comment