Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Discovering Nashville: The Well

Now that I'm starting to feel like I know Nashville a bit 
[& I no longer take 45-minute-long detours of the city because I'm lost]
I decided I'd start documenting some of the places I've stumbled upon.
Since I'm working on homework most of the time, I've spent lots of 
quality time in the many coffee shops that exist here, & I've found my favorite: 



There's someting about this place that is very Every Day Joe's-esque.
[Which I miss terribly]
It's in a renovated old drive-through fast food restauraunt & everything
about it screams Nashville, from the burlap coffee sack covered chairs to the 
small stage for impromtu open-mic nights and Tuesday night church services. 
The main room is divided from the bar by two blue barn doors. 

The Well is the kind of coffee shop that makes me take out my headphones,
& listen, because their music is so good. There are books for sale & fair trade items,
& the profits of their coffee go to help underpriveledged people all over the world. 

They have a "wishing well" where people can post prayer requests,
encouragements, or needs, & anyone can take them to help get the 
poster's needs met. It's a beautiful picture of community. 





Be sure to check out their website. It's sweet. 

ps. Tomorrow begins 30 days of thanks-giving. I'm excited. 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh I'm so jealous (in a good way)! The Well sounds amazing! So cool. Glad you've found a favorite coffee shop! And your comment about November being 30 days of thanks-giving inspired me, so I'm going to blow daily about things I'm thankful for. Thanks for the inspiration =)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd love The Well!I Love that you're doing the 30 days. I heard at church the other day that "Entitlement and gratefulness cannot exist simultaneously in the same heart." I love that idea. I'm excited to read your blog! Love!

      Delete