Sunday, October 28, 2012

Now.


I've been thinking a lot about how cool it is to be in a season of life
where I have very little holding me down. Sometimes I think about 
how just 3 months ago, I was living in Colorado, about to move
1,200 miles away. Now I'm here & it's great & all I can think about is where 
I'll be for my residency, because there are so many places I want to visit.
[spoiler alert: it's Austin, TX. More on that later.]
But in the midst of my excitement for the future, I've realized that 
I am often robbed of each day's joy because of my anticipation of what's next.

So this is now: 
I am almost done with my first semester of graduate school.
I've found friends & a church that I love.
I live in a beautiful city, in a huge apartment, in a cute room.
I have the best roommates I could ask for.
It's almost November, and I still get to run outside in a tank top.
I am so very thankful for it all. 



2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! Your room looks so cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me happy that you're so happy. Love it, lady.

    ReplyDelete