Friday, October 26, 2012

Four Months

June 26th, 2012 was the scariest night of my life.
 
Four months ago, I left work in the middle of the day under a pitch-black sky filled with smoke.
Four months ago, I used my windshield wipers to clear falling ash from my view.
Four months ago, I saw a wall of fire cascade down the hillside toward my home.
Four months ago I stood in front of the television all night
& cried as I watched my childhood neighborhood burn to the ground. 
Four months ago, I spent 14 days as an evacuee, moving from house to house 
with my family, close friends & animals. 
Four months ago, I recognized just how few material things mattered to me
& just how many things could never be taken away by fire.
[Don't get me wrong, I did cry in the middle of COSTCO about my
yellow KitchenAid mixer and Ariat boots-both of which did not burn]
Four months ago, my life changed. 

It's amazing what can happen in four months. 
I have so much to be thankful for. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment