Thursday, February 16, 2012

Love

This post is a couple days late, 
but I've had so many things going on
& not the energy to sort through 
them all aloud-
let alone organize them into text. 



I did find myself this week thinking a lot about
love, 
much like everyone else. 
What I've never understood about the Holiday 
on February 14, is the stigma attached.
"Hallmark Holiday, Single's Awareness Day, 
'shouldn't every day be what matters?' Day"

Maybe it's just me, but I've never had
a problem with Valentine's Day. In fact,
I've always loved it.

I love celebrating a day to make special
the people we care about. I mean, 
if you really think about it, isn't that
what every holiday is about? A day to
set apart something that should be celebrated?
I've certainly never been upset when it is 
someone's birthday and not mine, 
and yes, I should certainly celebrate my loved 
ones on a daily basis, but if every
day is special, 
is anything really special? 

I say no. 

So on this Valentine's Day, and the 
days surrounding it, I opened my 
eyes to the things I saw that made
this special day what it is. &
I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment