Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The death of a vision.

I've been struggling to write this post for a while now, so I appologize if it lacks direction or substance; it just won't seem to come easily to me, but the idea behind it won't leave me alone.

There have been a handful of times when I've
heard the voice of God. I'm not talking about feeling like
something might have been Him, but rather taking part in a sensory experience in which
I was unwaveringly convinced he was speaking to me.

There is a particular vision I have had twice: Once about a year-
and-a-half ago, and again this past April.

[I hesistate to call it a  vision
because that sounds so
descriptive & controversial in my mind,
but I don't know 
what else to call it.]

The reason I bring this up is not so much about the vision itself,
but more so that under my current circumstances, 
this vision will not come to fruition. In fact, several significant changes
would have to occur in my life for what I "saw" to become true.
I understand that anything is possible, but all signs point to "no" on this one.
Despite knowing that many things separate me from this vision, I have clung
to it until very recently.


No harm in that, right?

Then I read this.
Give it a quick read; this guy is much smarter & more articulate than I am.
Honestly, this idea terrifies me. Why on earth would God 
create something & then let it dissolve? Everything in me wants to say that he wouldn't, 
but it does happen and has happened since the beginning of time.
Sometimes our visions succeed. Sometimes our visions are restored, albeit differently than we originally experienced them. & sometimes visions simply die.
Don't believe me? Here's an example. I guess this all confuses me about God.
The same God who can allow something to perish also solely holds
the power of resurrection; death & life are both in his hands. 


No comments:

Post a Comment