Thursday, July 5, 2012

New Normal.

Yesterday was the closest I've gotten to a normal day in a while.
We officially began getting things at the house worked 
on since our street opened up. 
[we're some of the lucky ones].
I even had a chance to take a run around what was open in our
neighborhood. I couldn't stay long, because it's just too hard to look at. 
I feel like a spectator in my own home- stopping & staring like everyone 
else in awe of the destruction. For a moment I felt like I could look at things & then leave,
but I quickly remembered that this is my reality. There is a rebuilding process that must begin.
 But something about yesterday started to feel almost normal-like it's all
going to be ok.
The things I was distracted from this past week are quickly returning to my mind, some more welcome than others.
We're slowly defining a new normal.





For day-by-day summary of my last week, 
check out Beth's blog. She lives up the street
from me & our stories are very similar. 


1 comment:

  1. i love that you are using my day by day fire freak out for your blog :) i couldn't have walked thought this crazy week without you!!!

    ReplyDelete