Friday, April 26, 2013

The wedding club.

I've been working on a couple different posts the past couple days, but neither of them are coming together easily. My brain seems to be becoming more and more scattered as school winds down.  
But today, I was struck by a thought that I felt was worth documenting. 
I was awoken at 3:30 from a text from an old roommate saying she was engaged. 
Despite how I joke about the ABUNDANCE of save-the-dates on our fridge,
it really is a beautiful thing.
I find deep joy in celebrating the love of my friends & sharing in their journeys.

 [As a side note, if you're looking to get hitched, live with me. 
She is my 7th ex-roommate to get engaged.] 

I responded, excitedly, as I always do, & hurried to class. But as I sat down tonight, 
I thought about how someday, I'll be able to say to someone, 

"Thank you for giving me your heart,"

without the fear of having to give it back.
Glimpses like that are pretty. I'm excited for that day. 


1 comment:

  1. sweet friend. one day. in His timing. i am probably praying harder for that day than you are ;) but i know that you have been called for such a time as this. you are in the middle of the Lord's plan for you and that is a beautiful thing! see you next week!

    ReplyDelete