Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Prayers that have changed me [1]

As much as I enjoy blogging, I have spent much more of my life archiving things in a written journal.
There is something about using a pen and paper that forces me to slow down a bit &
be fully engaged in the art of documentation. 
My mom told me recently that I have kept a journal for as long as she can remember. 
I have not a single memory of a time when I wasn't keeping track 
of my thoughts, whether it be a quote scribbled on my hand [which I still frequently do]
or through my first online journal 11 years ago. 
[which is safely buried in the depths of the internet, 
only to be looked at when I need a quick ego demolition. Yikes.]
I have a box of old journals in my closet that I have written in throughout
my life, & it is honestly one of my most cherished possessions. 

One of my favorite things to write in journals are prayers. I find that writing
down prayers helps keep my wandering mind focused, & I enjoy 
looking back to see how God has answered each one of them- sometimes
in remarkable ways.



Since I've been lacking inspiration lately, I thought I'd come up with a new miniseries.
I want to flip through my old journals and find prayers, quotes, or entries that changed me.
I think it's important to pay attention to these things when I get caught up in the busyness of life.
That's where I am right now, & I think it'll be a good reminder that I am being continually sought by
a loving, personal God. It is my hope that these reflections will remind me of the dynamic,
exciting journey I am on.
  

1 comment:

  1. i love writing my prayers too!!! and i think that is a great idea! i am inspired to do the same... :) i love looking back on my journals!

    ReplyDelete