Sunday, June 2, 2013

Words.

"To say the very thing you really mean, the whole of it, nothing more or less... that's the whole art and joy of words."
C.S. Lewis
---

Lately I simply haven't wanted to write. There's probably a direct correlation between
this lack of desire & my lack of discipline in my spiritual life lately. It seems that my mind
is full of thoughts about all sorts of things, but without my
routine of hashing it all out with God, I just don't know what to do with it all. 

I hate it when I take a break from writing/processing. It always follows the same pattern. 
First, I  become busy. Then, the busyness turns into laziness
& before I know it, I don't know where to begin, & I contemplate closing this chapter, & 
not blogging anymore. [It's a bit dramatic, but it happens.] The longer I wait,
the more pressure I put on myself to write something substantial, something profound. 
Time goes by, & all of a sudden, I can't remember the lessons I've learned
or the beautiful moments that I wanted to capture in the first place, & it all seems so forced. 

But then I remember why I write. I remember that I love words.

I love the idea of saying the very thing you really mean, the whole of it, nothing more or less,
just the right thing. I can't say this happens to me often, but when it does, it's great.

So here's to breaking the silence, & writing even when I'm
uninspired,
un-profound,
& somewhat unimaginative at times.

Here's to being bold & honest. 




No comments:

Post a Comment