Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fickle.

This is me:
The reason I have such a large grin on my face is because this picture was taken on June 21, 2011. Yes, the first day of summer. There's something not-so-threatening about a summer snow. Sure, it sneaked up on me as I was working in the mountains of Granby, CO, but I knew it would be a short-lived. In fact, if I had not taken this picture when I did, I probably would have missed the snow altogether; it came and went so fast. 

This is yesterday: 
Nothing at all is threatening about this picture. In fact, it's rather pleasant. The kind of weather you go for a run in wearing shorts and a t-shirt. (Which I did yesterday). 

That's the difference between June and October in Colorado. 
Changes in the weather are much more threatening. 

This is today: 



Notice the branches ALL OVER the ground. A combination of heavy, wet snow and leafy, still-thinking-it's-autumn-trees caused tree limbs all over the city to break and fall. 

If my house did not look so darn cute in the snow, I might be mad. 






No comments:

Post a Comment