Thursday, January 12, 2012

Learning.



I'm finally back in Colorado.
I wish I could say I'm excited to be back, 
but the idea of returning to Fort Collins as a graduate
terrifies me. [&the transition from shorts weather in TX
to frigid cold doesn't help either.] 

This "winter break" that I just experienced 
was much different than expected. 
In many ways it was 
longer
harder
more painful
& more confusing than I envisioned it. 

My apologies for being so vague, but 
if there's one thing I learned in the 
past year, it's the damaging
effects that can result of verbalizing
emotionally-based statements
before they have properly been processed or solidified. 

I so often nurse fleeting thoughts as 
substantial ones. 

So in an effort to not do this, I am going to
relax for once. I'm going to find peace
in the face of uncertainty, fear, and the possibility
of experiencing some major changes in my life. 
I'm going to practice being responsive rather than reactive

No comments:

Post a Comment