Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hey! I put some new shoes on.

Dating a Texan for this long
was bound to wear off on me. 
There's something about Coloradoans that 
makes them desire to dislike this lovely country state. 
We love to hate Texas for one reason or another.

& I'll admit:
I used to be one such Colorado native. 

I've come to the realization slowly, 
over my numerous trips out to the Lone Star State,
that it isn't all that bad. In fact, [I kind of love it.]

The warm weather,
the gigantic size of everything,
the southern pride...you just can't hate it 
when a Texan tells you how much they love their state
in that cute southern drawl.
& my personal favorite:
 the sweet tea everywhere you go
[even at Chipotle!]

So to commemorate my newly found love
for all things Texas, I decided to make 
a purchase while I was in Houston
 using Christmas & graduation money.
I've had my eye on a pair of boots for almost 
2 years now, and the time had finally come.


Yes, I know no self-respecting
Texan would ever wear her boots on
the outside of her pants. 

But I couldn't help myself. 
& I'm no self-respecting Texan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment