Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Who is God? [Part 1]

One week ago I decided to embark
on a year-long process of discovery.
For 365 days I will ask God,
"who are you?"

If you asked me 2 weeks ago if I knew
who God was, I would have said yes.
It turns out, I have a lot more to learn.

Since I started this all on a Tuesday, 
I'm going to attempt a mini series on
discovering exactly who it is that I 
am entrusting my life to. I'm amazed
at all he's shown me in just one week:

1. He is the good shepherd. [John 10]
2. He is my first love. [Rev. 2]
3. He is enthroned as king, forever. [Psalm 29]
4. He is light. [1 John 1]
5. He is the rock eternal. [Isaiah 26]
6. He intends my life for good. [Gen. 50]

The neatest thing about this process 
is nothing is changing about my quiet
times. I'm not searching for passages
that tell me who he is. I've continued 
reading the same plan I started January 1.

All I've done is asked. 


No comments:

Post a Comment