Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thursday Thankfulness

It's Thursday. I've come to realize that
many of my blog posts make my life sound
rather depressing, like I do not have anything
good going on. I don't necessarily apologize
for the way they make my life sound; I know
that this outlet of processing is simply a
tiny piece of a complex story. Nevertheless,
I think by the time I sit down to write here
I end up detailing the deep issues, the
heartache, the misunderstood, confusing
aspects of my day to day.

I can confidently say, 
if I were to document all of the joys, blessings, 
and confident truths that make up my life, the post would never end. 
Despite experiencing one of the most
difficult seasons of my life, I 
lack no good thing.

& that's the truth. 

So in the spirit of many mornings
at good old ELC where this
tradition began [for me],
I will list ten things I'm thankful for today:

1. Wednesdays with Jecka.
2. Bike rides through the city
3. Possible roommates for the Fall
4. Weekend at home with my parents
5. Great friends who listen & care
6. Unexplained hope 
7. Restored closeness with my God
8.  Expectant prayers
9. Sunshine for days
10. The opportunity this semester to be still

No comments:

Post a Comment