Monday, April 30, 2012

baby steps

"...& what we will be has not yet appeared..." -1 John 3:2

Today I began taking the very first steps of
healing my heart. When I say steps, I mean
baby steps. Like the tiny, wobbly,
one-step-in-front-of-the-other-and-fall-down
kind of steps. But forward motion is forward
motion and I will consider this successful.

[  I'm kind of amazed by my inability 
to go too much into detail yet-even here
on a blog that only a handful of people see.
Maybe it's because I feel like typing out the
words will make what I'm experiencing 
more real. Like if I don't write it down, it
didn't actually happen & one day I'll 
wake up & find that this has all been a 
bad dream.  ]


Step one to healing: 

Identifying who God is. I mean really identifying who he is.
Finding the truth about his character & allowing it to 
permeate my heart. 

I'm excited for what I'm going to discover in this process.

source

1 comment:

  1. May God continue to blow lovely breezes as you spread your wings and fly, beautiful little bird that you are.

    ReplyDelete