Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Thoughts on running

I have been on somewhat of a fitness 
kick for the past couple of weeks.
Maybe it's my extra free time, 
the Beautiful weather we've been having, 
or the fact that I'm noticing that my joints
and muscles just aren't moving like they once did. 
[what the heck? I'm only 23.]

Regardless, I had taken way 
too long of a hiatus from something that I actually 
really enjoy: running.

It's one of those things that
gets easier and easier if 
you can just commit to heading out the front door, but
despite knowing this, I still find it so easy
to quit-even after I've pushed past the 
agony & start actually enjoying it. 

All this extra time has provided me with the opportunity 
to explore this town even more. 

Today's run: a few miles north&west
up the Cache La Poudre River. 
There is beautiful open space,
green horse pastures, and the calming
sound of the moving water. 


One day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey. Who would have guessed a year later we would be friends (well technically i had already decided that) and you would be so dang good at running 10 miles?? love you!

    ReplyDelete