Sunday, April 29, 2012

Emotion

Sometimes I wish I could turn off the thoughts in my head.
Lately I've been consumed by them, functioning on half hour intervals of 
distraction- Whatever it'll take to not focus on what's going through my mind.
I close my eyes to sleep & instantly my brain is flooded with
thoughts/ideas/fears/scenarios. 
I am awakened hours before I need to be up by
thoughts that I just cannot stifle. 

I hate that I'm such an internal processor. 
I hate that I'm not articulate when it comes 
to expressing what I think & feel; hurting
people in the process because they feel that I 
cannot be open with them. 

A friend & I were joking the other day about how
nice it would be to be able to take an injection 
that would suppress our ability to feel emotion.
[Equilibrium, anyone?]

Obviously this is a little extreme, but sometimes I can't help
wonder if this would grant me some relief from my constant
thoughts. & I know that emotions are good & set us apart
as a human species, but it doesn't make it easier to face
important decisions when they are constantly fluctuating

But what I'm clinging to today is this: 
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, & forever. 
I believe it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment