Friday, April 20, 2012

Heavy Heart & Abundant Peace

This morning was difficult.
After a series of unhappy dreams all night,
there's something increasingly
heavy in my heart. While I'm
usually good at maintaining a
fairly put-together self,
sometimes it's just too much to keep up with.

Some days are just days for a heavy heart. 
The good thing about mornings like these
are promises like this:

"You keep track of all my sorrows
You have collected all my 
tears in a bottle. You have
recorded each one in your book."
Psalm 56:8

Not only that, but I am also reminded of my 
continual gift of peace from the throne of grace.
Just as the Israelites could not store up manna
for the future, so must I choose to accept
His peace for this day. Mornings like this aren't all bad.
[it's only just 9 am. There's a
whole lot of day left.]

They remind me of my dependence on Him
and his unwavering love for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment