Thursday, April 26, 2012

Promises For Today

This season of my life might be the most difficult I've experienced. I'm starting to realize for the first
time in my life, that not all aspects of life follow the rule of work in = work out. In fact, sometimes the best of intentions, the highest amount of good will, and the most diligent efforts simply do not produce what we want them to. In a strange way, I am thankful that I cannot always anticipate or expect the changes of life that come to me. If I could, I would never learn what it feels like to trust. 

I would never experience what it feels like to believe that God has a future and a purpose for me that so far exceeds what I could design for myself that I would laugh at the thought of my own plan being sufficient. 

So today, despite feeling upset, confused, and hopeless about things I cannot control, 
I will trust. 
I am convinced that 

"The Lord himself goes before me & is with me;
he will never leave me nor forsake me.
I need not be afraid or discouraged."
Deut. 31:8


No comments:

Post a Comment