Friday, April 27, 2012

Watch Your Step.

[DISCLAIMER:]
If you are easily made queasy by the sight of
wounds, you might want to move on from 
this post. 

It's not that bad, really.  

Yesterday I decided I would take a trail run at 
Horsetooth Reservoir. 
Why? Because it looks like this: 


I hopped out of my car, did some quick stretching
& proceeded to walk to the trail head where
I would be running. 

Within 30 seconds, this was my knee: 

This happened because:
 A. I have weak ankles
B. I live in a rocky terrain
C. I am rather clumsy/oblivious to said terrain
D. All of the above. 

The answer, of course, is D. I have a swollen 
ankle and two bruised palms to show for it,
but needless to say, I did not go on the run I wanted to.

Lesson of the day? Watch your step. 


No comments:

Post a Comment