Sunday, November 13, 2011

Nashville.

Today did not go as I planned. I certainly would never have planned to spend 12 hours of my day writing two papers, one of which I already wrote [&lost somewhere in the depths of a campus computer] In fact, I don't think anyone would have planned that kind of day. But nevertheless, that's how I spent it. I spent the first half of the day upset and flustered, on the edge of tears that I had to rush to get my work done [after vowing to not procrastinate in my last semester] but the second half of the day I found myself happy joyful. I'm thankful that I can be changed.

In other news, here's a quick update on the past couple days and my trip to Nashville:
[I never saw Taylor Swift, but I did see her apartment.]
At 11 PM local time, Mickey and I landed in Nashville, 
much to our surprise, in a very tiny airport.
We were greeted with pictures of country music stars [everywhere] 
and started to feel less and less trendy by the minute. [Those Nash-villains have style.]

The weekend was a whirlwind of campus tours, meeting with faculty at Belmont, 
Navigating the city with Mickey's lovely friends, Bru, KB, and Steve, 
and spending some time getting to see what the locals do. 
Mickey and I both were really surprised and somewhat comforted
 to see how small the city actually is, and both of us were impressed by the
hospitality of the people as well as the opportunities that Nashville offered.

It was a wonderful weekend and I hope to return in January for an interview. 

[the skeletal system picture is a print I found at a boutique. So cool.]




1 comment:

  1. dear laura,
    do you realize how perfect you and Micky look in the smack dab of Nashville? It is kinda ridiculous how cute you are.
    i am praying about that interview. the Lord will determine your steps.
    i love you.
    and thanksgiving is next week!
    love, beth joy

    ReplyDelete