Monday, November 28, 2011

Home again.

[this picture is from a sweet website.]
I'm home again. 
It's weird to say that because just about a week ago, 
when I arrived in Colorado Springs, I said the same thing. 
But I realized something while I was there: 

Colorado Springs is not my home. 

It's not that I didn't enjoy my stay. 
It was full of ample family time.
I read 2 of my 3 books.
I spent time with friends. 
I wasn't in school. 

But it was strange. 
I found myself using sentences with the word home-
each time in reference to Fort Collins. 

The truth is, I've lived in Fort Collins for 4 years now, and it's home. 
While my family is there, I have few other ties to the place I grew up. 
It's a strange realization, but I am comforted by the fact that 
I am in transition.

Home for me, this time next year, could be completely different.
Or it could be exactly the same. For now, I don't mind not knowing, 
I'm just happy to be home.  




No comments:

Post a Comment