Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thanks.


I've been thinking a lot about my occasional inability to look on the bright side. 
I really dislike the fact that I am often overly critical and sometimes downright cynical. 
In the spirit of Thanksgiving at the end of this month, I've decided I'm going
to document 24 reasons why I am thankful. [one for each day].

This is not something entirely new. In the past, I've tried to sit down once a week and
list 10 things I'm thankful for, but I thought this would be
a good way to discipline myself, and honestly consider how privileged I am. 
This isn't to say each day's topic will be profound or elaborated upon, but rather
a chance to celebrate good things. 

Nov. 1 - I am thankful for warm coffee shops like Everyday's Joe's. It makes my studying bearable. 

I am thankful for snow. [what?!] Yep, I really do know I'll miss it someday. -Nov 2

Nov. 3
Today, I am thankful for this: 
Kara is, hands-down, the best pen pal ever. Her card-just to say hello- made me very thankful for her today. In case you're reading, you're getting something back in the mail. 



No comments:

Post a Comment