Sunday, June 3, 2012

Days like these

It's days like today, 
where everything in my environment reminds me. 
Rainy weather,
songs on the radio,
walks around my neighborhood,
television shows,
dreams,
conversations with friends, 
pictures I haven't yet taken down.

Most days I am busy enough to not
be distracted by my thoughts of what
is happening & what is to happen in
my life, but today, I was not. Everything
around me today pointed to a relationship that I
no longer have, 
desires that may never come to be, 
& a season of my life that is over. 

The strangest thing about this day is 
for the first time, I wasn't sad. 
My first thought was not to have 
my circumstances changed, but 
rather to recognize a change that 
has happened in me- that is happening in me.

It's country Sunday, but this song
has been on repeat. 





2 comments:

  1. Laura, it's so sweet to see how much God has grown you and called you closer to himself over these past few months. Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach! Thanks friend :) I miss you too! It was so fun to see ya a couple weeks ago. I'll visit the Fort soon!

    ReplyDelete