Thursday, June 7, 2012

Who is God? [Part 5]

source

It's been 35 days since I started seeking to understand God's character.
It's been really neat to see the themes that have come up so far.
If you've missed any of the previous posts, I think they'll
be linked at the bottom. 

He is my help. [Heb. 13]
He is the Lord of peace. [2 Thess. 3]
He is my shield. [Psalm 18]
He is my refuge & strength. [Psalm 46]
He is patient. [2 Peter 3]
He is love. [1 John 4]

This past week was spent in
a bit of self reflection; that's probably the coolest part of this
quest so far: the more I learn about God, the more I learn about myself.


Whole 30 update:

The first 2 or 3 days of this diet were hard. Hard enough that I dreamed the first night that I stuffed my face with tiramisu & felt incredibly guilty afterward. That was just the start. I've never had the biggest sweet tooth, but there were a handful of times when I envisioned myself face-first in a pool of vanilla frosting-it was bad. Slowly, my cravings for all things sugary and grainy started to fade. Another side affect of this diet was my elevated hunger.The first 3 days I was starving. I ate probably twice as much as I do on a normal day & still felt hungry when I went to bed. By day 5, I somewhat regulated my intake, but I still feel like I'm eating more than usual. On this diet, that is  fairly normal. The best thing to happen so far is the fact that it's been 7 days and I
have not had a single stomach ache. So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment