Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Words


I thought this was worth sharing. I've had the chance to
talk to a lot of women lately about dating/marriage/& being single.
At the Love & Respect conference I attended this past weekend,
I gained a lot of insight as to what marriage should look like. 
[This ministry is great, by the way.] One of the things that resonated 
most strongly for me was what Emerson said about growth & having
your heart changed. He said, "Don't focus so much on what you
want the other person to be hearing or learning that you miss out
on what God is trying to have you hear or learn." I've
realized that this is exactly what I've been doing. I pray so 
much for God to speak to him; to grow his heart closer
to His. All the while I miss out on my own potential for change.
There's nothing wrong with praying for another person, but I
have to trust that God has the power to get through anyone's heart.
Including my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment