Friday, June 1, 2012

Whole 30



Starting today, I am on a 30 day, 
or possibly longer, metabolism-
restart diet called Whole30.

Here's a little bit about it: 

Who: This is for anyone who wants to experience cleaner eating. It is particularly good for people who have experienced chronic digestional problems & want to heal from whatever their current diet may be provoking.

What: Cut out all the inflammatory, insulin-spiking, calorie-dense but nutritionally sparse food groups from your diet. Certain foods, even those deemed "healthy," can have a negative impact on your body. Instead, eat foods with few ingredients, which naturally balance your digestion & leave you feeling healthier. There are several things that cannot be eaten at this time, which can be found here.

When: This diet is designed for 30 days, but the benefits have been said to influence how one views food, eating, and long-term health. 

Why: I personally have dealt with food allergies, chronic stomach pain, and all-around digestional problems as long as I can remember. I have done elimination diets, taken supplements, and made tums & pepto bismol part of my daily regimen. I love good food, and have always been nutritionally minded, but I hate the idea of mindless eating. There are thousands of people who have taken this diet seriously & experienced extremely effective results. People have found relief from a range of problems like: acne to weight loss, Crohn's disease to skin disorders. I am a firm believer in holistic healing, and I cannot deny the impact that the foods we eat has on our whole lives. For more testimonials, check this out

So there you have it. I'll be sure to track my progress & do an update at the end of the month. 



No comments:

Post a Comment