Friday, January 11, 2013

Grow where you're planted.

A week ago I stepped off of a plane and found myself back in Nashville,
anticipating my second semester of graduate school, & ready to 
continue building onto the life I started here back in August. It seems
like no matter where I am these days I'm missing something. When I'm
in Colorado, I'm missing Nashville's weather, my friends there, or my little
apartment. I think even for a moment I missed being in school.
[It was a fleeting moment.] Naturally, upon arriving back to Nashville,
which is "home" for now, I'm missing my family, my friends back there,
& I've started to feel a longing to be back in the mountains. 

The constant state of my restless soul frustrates me at times.
I've talked about it before, but I really struggle to be content where I am-
to "grow where I'm planted" as a friend of mine says. 

But I'm working on it. 

To help alleviate the "missing" feeling I often experience, I've
got a lot to look forward to in the next couple months. There's
a growing Nashville bucket list, designed by one of my friends
in the program, & I'm excited for it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment