Saturday, November 3, 2012

Rain.

This morning, 2 classmates & I went on a walk through the woods
around a beautiful lake here in Nashville. The high temperature reached 
75 degrees. Everything about the experience was exactly what I needed:
sunshine on my face, conversation with good friends, & fresh air. 

It's only been several hours & the sky outside my window is dark 
& I can see bursts of lightning & hear claps of thunder. 
It's hard to believe that just this morning, I was walking outside in the warm sunshine. 
As I sit here in my room, I can't help but think that this is similar
to what's gone on in my heart lately. In the "sunshine" I feel satisfied,
happy, & at peace with the unraveling of each day. But in those dark moments,
my reality is the storm, & no matter how close the two experiences are to one another,
I can't think of anything but the realization that there is so much more healing needed in my heart.
I hate that these moments are mixed in so closely with 75 degree sunshine moments. 
It doesn't seem fair that the two should ever meet. 

But the great thing about these storms is they are sporadic. Days with sunshine
here greatly exceed days without. & I am finally beginning to experience the 
same in my heart. Even in the midst of a season painted with sorrow & uncertainty,
the sunshine prevails. It feels good. 

Today, I am thankful for these storms. They exist to put me in a place of
desperation before my God, & I don't want to ever lose that-even in the sunshine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment