Friday, November 30, 2012

A letter in my mailbox.




I don't generally struggle with the idea that my prayers
might be falling on deaf ears. In fact, I honestly believe that faith
has become one of my stronger gifts throughout the last couple years.
I have had very real experiences in my life in which prayer has been 
answered. Not by coincidence, not by chance.
But for whatever reason, I've really struggled lately accepting the truth
that He not only hears me, but he acts on what He hears. It seems
I've been a broken record with my prayers for almost a year now. Just typing that 
sentence makes me feel a bit foolish- I know that some people spend 
their entire lives repeating the same prayers, never to see the answer 
in their lifetime. But it's still how I feel.

I think of Joshua and how he asked God to
keep the sun from setting & God did. & I think, surely God could
just change things if he wanted to. So why doesn't he? Questions
like this do sometimes keep me awake at night, but I'm getting better
at seeing answered prayers in ways I am not expecting. 

Yesterday, I experienced one of those moments in which I 
was just certain that I'm being heard. It came in the form of 
a letter in my mailbox. Pretty much everything about
 the letter- the sender, the topic, the timing-
made me realize that God is moving in my life. 
I desperately want to hold onto these moments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment