Thursday, November 29, 2012

Rejoice, my heart.

There is something about hymns that really speak to my heart.
Sometimes I can't believe that words written centuries ago have
such truth & meaning so many years later. I can't believe that the
time between then & now hasn't stripped the relevance from the 
verses; that the deepest longings of the writer's hearts are the same 
as mine. Words like: 

O love that will not let me go, 
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe
that in your ocean depths 
its flow may richer, fuller be. 

I've had this song on my mind for a few days now. The words
have been speaking to me, as I've sure they've spoken to countless
others before me. I love that idea.



So rejoice, my heart.
Rejoice, my soul; my savior God has come to thee. 
Rejoice my heart, you've been made whole
by a love that will not let me go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment