Sunday, February 17, 2013

Defeating the Sunday Blues.

Just about every week, despite the relaxation & fun that I take part in
over the weekend, I find myself heavy hearted & often overwhelmed by the 
prospects of the coming week. It begins as early as Saturday night on
particularly busy weeks, & I am often awakened by thoughts
of what I've got to do swirling through my head early Sunday morning.
No matter what I tell myself about how I've worked hard to prepare
myself for the day of rest that Sunday should be, I can't seem
to grasp it. Hours slip by as I stare at my computer screen of notes,
 word documents, weekly planner & text books. Before I know it, 
I'm dreading the idea of sleep because I know it'll bring me closer
to the work I've got to do during the week. 

Today, my version of the "Sunday Blues" wasn't particularly
strong. The assignments, commitments, & plans of the coming 
week pressed on my mind as they always seem to do, 
but for the first time in a while, I was more hopeful than anxious
about the coming days. I felt comforted in the now, & for 
someone who is characterized by living in the future, this
is a big deal. 

"Instead of trying to direct me to do this & that, seek to attune 
yourself to what I am already doing. When anxiety attempts to
wedge its way into your thoughts, remind yourself that I am your
shepherd. The bottom line is that I am taking care of you." -Jesus Calling

Here's to Sunday reminders that leave you filled with hope. 



No comments:

Post a Comment