Thursday, February 7, 2013

Read this: Tesla, sexuality, & Wes Anderson

There is a short list of things I love that I
 hope I never come to change my mind about. One of those is learning.
While I've wondered lately why I chose to stay in school, &
threaten to drop out frequently on the verge of a mental breakdown, 
I find myself in moments of clarity remembering that I love to learn.
I have always been this way, & I hope things don't soon change. 
The more I learn, the more I realize I have yet to learn. 
While this overwhelms me at times, it mostly excites me, 
& if I could, I would become an expert on an ever-growing list of topics
ranging from Nikola Tesla to minimalist movie directors & the inspirations 
behind their films. 

But unfortunately for me, I can't.  
At least not while I'm in school. So until then, I get my fix
of trivia, fun facts, & new information from the brilliance of others
who do have the time [& the talent] to report on such things. Here
are a few of my favorite recent blog readings: 

Nikola Tesla. You might not have heard of him, but chances
are you've heard of Thomas Edison. This will blow your mind. 

I love all things Prodigal Magazine. This article on current perceptions
of sexuality is excellently done. After working as a campus director here in undergrad, 
I have a special place in my heart for this topic, particularly as it relates to my generation.

Wes Anderson. I love the way this article was written almost
as much as I love Wes Anderson's films. [& that's saying a lot.]

No comments:

Post a Comment