Thursday, February 14, 2013

Why I don't hate Valentine's Day

Last year at this time, I wrote a post about why I don't
hate February 14th. I had no idea the year ahead of
me would be as crazy as it was, but as I sit here 365 days later, 
I can honestly say I feel the same way I did then. 

If you know me, you know I am just about 
as cynical as they come. 

If there is something to judge, I've probably judged it. I've
written before that this is one of my very least favorite personal attributes 
& I have been trying to work on it for some time now. While there is a list
of things I do not like that I will gladly tell you about,
Valentine's Day is not on it. 

I know you might be thinking that this is easy for someone in a relationship to say. 
It's easy to love Valentine's Day while clutching a giant stuffed [insert your favorite]
animal, & a bag of Hershey's kisses. & you're right. Most of the time, those who
love this day are in relationships. But this year,
-my first year single on this day in several years-
I can confidently say I still love it. I love love & honestly
the love of other people does not bother me. 

So on this day, I hope you feel loved & can celebrate its beauty. I hope
this Valentine's picture of my favorite coonhound at least makes you smile. 



No comments:

Post a Comment